Friday, December 5, 2014

Trillionness

Photo by Ed Champion
Dear Mr. Cook:

Please don't feel bad about the $0.49 cent drop in share price today, that's chump change and there was something elegant in it resting at $115.00 even. Just a nice price to float out on a Friday after market close...

I love today's picture, don't you, Mr. Cook? I find it so dreamy. After the tear gas has wafted away and the false arrests have been made and certain activists brutalized, we can still have a collective moment like the one Ed captured above--focused, concentrated, deep in thought--that has to be a good thing.

Ever since I invested yesterday I've been thinking about trillionness, what it's going to feel like when we get there. There's a lecture tonight at St. John's on Plato's Republic Book VII, a math lecture, so I have to run. But next time I write I want to relay some experiences I had in Korea last year, specifically related to Samsung and the Women's International Film Festival on Jeju Island.

Rest up, I know it's been a trying week. I don't suppose next week will be much smoother.

Sincerely yours,

Frances Madeson
100% of my IRA is invested in Apple Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment