Thursday, December 11, 2014

Mundo Mac


Even though it's been out for several months, the official launch of the iPhone 6 in Ecuador will reportedly be tonight at Quicentro mall in north Quito. No word on the price. Probably will cost a lot.

Dear Mr. Cook:
Just wanted to let you know that the Ecuador Ex-Pat Facebook page is chatting about the launch of iPhone 6 happening tonight!


They write:
Even though it's been out for several months, the official launch of the iPhone 6 in Ecuador will reportedly be tonight at Quicentro mall in north Quito. No word on the price. Probably will cost a lot
.
  • 7 people like this.
    It costs A LOT in the US....LOL!
  • 9 hrs · Like · 2
  •  I looked at it, toooooo big , but I may cave in, I like my 4S, but its getting slow
  • Pretty soon you'll need to take out a loan to finance an iPhone.
    9 hrs · Like · 2
  •  They are pricey very very pricey!
  •  Saw an ad in Quito for $1,049 at Import Planet- same one in US is $750.
  • You'll find many for sale on MercadoLibre. Some are going for more than $1,300.
    9 hrs · Like · 1
  • at Mundo Mac?
  • I have an extra unused iPhone 5s if anyone's interested. And I agree with x -- I saw the 6 in Miami the other week and it wouldn't fit into my (buttoned) shirt pocket where I keep my 5s.
    8 hrs · Edited · Like · 1
  • Priorities! I know many a teen/twenty somethings who don't have jobs, pay bills, or care much about anything but their new iphones- to see a kid in the states without one is kinda rare:) FYI: My college offspring paid for their own because mom is just ...mean and out of touch:)
    8 hrs · Like · 5
  • The iPhone6 comes in a large size, and a smaller size that is only slightly larger than the 5s.
  • slightly larger, quite a bit larger in fact, I compared in person, nice tryhttp://www.phonearena.com/phones/Apple-iPhone-5_id7378/size
    7 hrs · Edited · Like · 1
  • A lot larger
  • I am really want to know the price! I think it will be over 1000$ at least.
  • Congrats!!!
  • WOW $1300 I will wait for my upgrade in 3 months and pay $200
    4 hrs · Like · 1
     
    I saw we were down another .33 cents today. That's more than a city bus ride in Ecuador, almost two.
     
    There was also this interesting post about large scale foreign investment in Quito. "President Correa and Quito Mayor Mauricio Rodas met with a group from Qatar who are interested in investing $5 billion in tourism and real estate projects in the city. These projects would involve improvements to Bicentennial Park and the Historic Center. Among the proposals for Bicentennial Park are a convention center and arena, as well as an aquarium. One of the goals is to make tourism the main source of income for Quito."
     
     
    Some folks think the amount is a lie, last week it was one billion, this week  it's five. Interesting to see that they express it differently there, they don't have billions. They say $5,000 millones. I only mention it because whether it's for one or five thousand millions, if a deal goes ahead, it can only be good for Apple Inc.'s revenues, which I understand exceed the GDP of Ecuador.
     
    The red drink is called mora juice (I asked). I'll also try to find out what this is about. That little i has me worried!



    Sincerely yours,
     
    Frances Madeson
     

No comments:

Post a Comment